Monday, July 21, 2014

Ri' Vurb EDM Street Party (T'Nalak Festival)

We’ve traveled a hundred plus kilometers to get to Koronadal City. It’s actually my first time to travel in the part of the country.  On contrary to popular belief it’s actually safe to travel there. Or probably it’s all about the timing. LOL


We started really early and we were really really excited for the rave. As I said before we bought our booze, crop tops (yes, slutty classy look whatever that is) After going to the hotel we went directly to Alunan Avenue where everything will happen. It’s actually a long street you can compare it to Claveria Street from San Pedro to Ateneo. Aside from us being awesome head turners, I was so amazed by the sound system I think there were 2 sets of speakers that covered the whole road plus satellite video broadcasting. 


We started drinking around 3 in the afternoon to get our blood pumping for the whole night. It’s just so amazing to see a lot of vagabond people gather in one location. Dude we were approached like 10 times in a span of two hours. I felt so harassed. There were police officers and they didn't do anything about it. Crazy!  Another thing is during festivals its really normal for us to say high to people. Especially the once with somehow exceptional features. Summary alot of dream weavers are not really that friendly. HAHAHA


Now to the party. It started around 4pm when the organizers played Afrojack's and Guetta’s Ultra Miami Set. It was a passive way to tell the people “Hey, dude! You should do this later” And bet your ass of they did. I was like deym this is how to party. There were 4 ravers inside the VIP who were giving out free shots. Coolness!

In fairness I was all eyes on the production it was like teken two when they select a picture before the start of the set.  Mike Mayer (Halo Samal, Bricklane, Hybrid) was the first one to play I really like the progression what I honestly didn't like was the stinger. LOL The crowd really danced to it there was a mix of Top 40 tracks which was actually necessary I heard a Kesha track somewhere in the middle. 

There there’s Ronn Mirrage(club velvet) is who really put on a show. Dropping the bass down low but keeping the progression intact for the next artist. The crowd went wild when he drank I don’t know how many amount of Jack Daniel's while standing over the DJ booth during his set. Plus he shared it with the crowd no not the VIP he went down and gave free shot to the people at the GA! 


There was a tech glitch but then he just put on How you love me by 3LAU and everything went just fine.
At exactly 10 pm there was a fireworks display that lasted for 10 minutes. Sad because people didn’t really get to see it clearly because there was a tree blocking the way. This was a better view but at the party you can't really see it. Oh well maybe next time.


Klawn was the MC at the same played his set. I love how he mixed TOP 40 tracks like talk dirty to me. The crowd went so wild this woman almost took off her shirt in front of the congressman. I was like violated in so many levels. But it was pure fun. I just didn't like his stingers. It was kinda annoying, yes I know that you are a Davao Dj.


The main highlight of the Show was RAM MIA (Acropolis Superclub) given that the progression was really really high. She needs to sustain the hype. And she did an excellent job! I personally was tired of dancing but I just can’t help myself she was so good. No wonder she was 1st place in the San Miguel Competition. 

For a DJ to sustain that kind of energy in the crowd that means something. Given that there were thousands of people who raved with us. Just a comment for Ram she might need to give it a lil action and sometimes she’s just too stiff. Probably that’s her style classy and pretty. But I still Love her!


The travel was really worth it. It was my first to listen to all of them in festival and it was a great combination. 



Kudos for the local government (Congresman Hernandez and Governor Fuentes). In taking this risk in educating their people with Electronic Dance music and supporting local talents! This is one way of seeing how awesome and local DJs are. I guess I’ll be seeing them next year.
Overall, I went home satisfied. If you know what I mean.


I give it a 9 out of 10.



#yourewelcome

PS: Two thumbs up on their marshals they really did an excellent job in controlling the crowd. I thought all hell broke lose when the GA people invaded the VIP area. Not a very good combination. 

Thank you
T'nalak Festival (Local Governement)
For the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment