Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Araw ng Davao weekend #Liberalia2014

I'm so sorry if I wrote this one like super late. The after parties are killing me. As we speak, I'm writing while I'm drunk. But hey, what's new right? All of you still love and care what I have to say. 



So much for the long excuse. Let's cut to the chase. Over all, I felt that liberalia was okay. Not too spectacular but good enough to keep a partyphile happy for a while. When I was partying last Saturday, I kept on asking myself what was missing here? Why is there an empty space in my heart that keeps on telling me there is really something wrong in this picture? Although, Manic has always been close to my heart believe me. LOL

I actually, risked everything for Liberalia. I didn't go to playground the day before, and didn't went to the step up on the 15th. Let's start with things that I liked to make this entry more positive. On contrary on what my friends were saying, Wacky's and DJ Torch's set was actually the best set of the night. True, it may not be all that original but who cares about that? What people need is something to dance with. The escalation from trance, techno and EDM was a really good combination. The saddest part is no one got to listen to it since people came in fashionably late. Yes, I was early. It's like the first time. Didn't want to risk not being drunk again just like the traumatic experience we had with Carte Blanche. So much for ranting. I lurv the drink since its close to the unlimited promise. 



But just a comment from the Bacardi people, please next time give some variety not everyone likes coke with their rum. I was enoughly satisfied I didn't even notice that they ran out of drink since I was enjoying the moment dancing with my friends. However, I was at shocked when they served Fundador lights at a Bacardi event. Like, why is that? I happened to talk to some bartenders, they said the crowd was lesser than they expected  why did the booze ran out yet again. Weird. Good thing that there were alot of partyphiles giving free drinks, its not a party without anyone drinking from the bottle. The bar was also so far and for the VIP area where there are like a thousand people you need to walk far to have a drink. Maybe they should have assigned to bars on both sides not just near the entrance.


I really enjoyed the Bacardi powered water guns and water guns with Neon Glow paint. It was dirty and I liked it. Well not so much, it was kinda sticky good thing it rained everything just washed off. I was expecting a champagne shower just like what they told us earlier but I guess expectation is different from reality. I wanted to be Merco caked too. There must be someone who took a photo of that. I want to emphasize this, the guards are so KJ. There were people who were drinking from the bottle then they asked them to stop. Dude, instead of bothering people having fun security should have made sure GA people should stay where they where they should be. People liked paid for 1,500 to be in the VIP then some GA just go their drink from the bar and shit. Not cool. The effort of having a fragile wrist band was a fail.

Let's go to the music and the DJs. Aliana and Clyde Harris rocked it. Sadly people didn't get to listen to Aliana  either they were still not yet there, they are busy eating or they are drinking outside of the grounds. Sad actually.
The others I didn't really cared as long as we can dance to it. It was fine as I said nothing spectacular.






Is it me or was DJ Surf's set was unflattering? He just played around 4 EDM tracks for like a few seconds and went to techno. Also people had to force him to take his top of before he did. :( So much for topless DJ. Good thing that Universo Robot was there one word. "Hypnotic". 



Ace Ramos set was eargasmic but it came it too late we were all like tired already. That's bringing republiq in Davao. Kudos! MCPaolo is really awesome handling the crowd, now we know why they are the best in the biz.


Was the party fun? Yes. Was it worth it? I was okay. Would I wanna go to Liberalia2015? No.Would I go to the next manic event? Ofcourse!

Over all I'll give it a 7 out of 10 stars. I'm sure you can do way way better than that.

#yourewelcome

 for the awesome photos.

And One last thing. Where are the boys from boys night out? HAHAHA
That's all! I'm going to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment