Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sarbay Fest Day 2


Second days should always have a step up in festivals such as this one and yes - It was so freaking awesome! Well not that the party itself but the people who I was partying with. Oh God, I would just like to emphasize on how amazed I was with the parking area line. I know this was a problem during the onset but it got worse to the an extensive level during the second day and I’m not even exaggerating.

On the 1st day we can park at Rosal beach but on the second day it was approximately 500 meters away from the police station. Could you just imagine how far that was? So we again had to ride a tricycle and remember to bring everything this time. We bought booze and lots of them. Champagne, Bacardi gold, black label and my ever favorite TANDUAY! Oh yeah! Not embarrassed. I love Tanduay. (So old school I know)
We had to attend this party in Digos first. Kinda a formal event so we were very late around 11pm. It was actually just the right time for the party. We were greeted by the fireworks display. You know how fascinated Dabawenyos are when it comes to seeing fireworks. It’s like were drawn and hypnotized by its flare. We are fireworks deprived back in our City, I know.

When we entered the gate, we were greeted by our friends from Tagum. The people that we partied with at Destination Summer. Not really a coincidence, a lot of partyphiles where there. The crowd just like the parking space was intense and were very very friendly. From the food booths to the shore you can barely move around. Let me tell you an honest story, I know some of my friends wont forgive me but I’m a fan of Kamikazee. #SorryNotSorry I just had to hide my total fascination of this band by drinking alcohol and listening to their loud but well-thought lyrics.


While I was walking there were a lot of picture taking, hi and hellos from old friends. Wait someone grabbed my ass for like the 5th time that night. Oh well, not really bothered. It was so fun and awesome.  Some people already fainted in the shore line. So early to be drunk dude!




Finally Kamikazee finished their set. Next up is the party. DJ Kristina Badkiss actually did a pretty good job with her electro house music. It’s a good start for conversation to neutralize the hype that the band gave. Sad thing some people didn't really appreciate classy old school genres. She was boo-ed and was very humble to step down for the EDM fanatics. It’s so sad actually. Kudos to you Girl. Davao (in the VIP area) still loves you.





Now, lemme see… I don’t wanna forgo this one. The VIP area on the second day was really for VIPs.  Tickets ran out but the area is still spacious. Good thing I had friends that can let people in or else I was a goner. Thank you friends from high places in society. The peasant loves you oh so dearly. LOL There was a time when everyone was on stage. It was really fun but I understood the organizers when they decided to clear out the stage. Everyone was so heavy that the stage might collapse.

The guards were too busy barricading the main doors and scolding people that went on the stage rather than guarding the fences and make sure that non VIP can have entered that area. Actually the baryo-tic people who did budots on stage were the ones who jumped on the stage even after the organizers sent off the warning. Not very classy. I know. They stopped the music like 4-6 times just because they were to drunk and dumb to understand instructions. (LOL, look who’s talking.) Sorry I can’t help it, it was fun to let people drink from the bottle while you’re on stage.


But this pic is very sexy.
DJ Yancy, I don’t really know who he is but some people say that he is the best DJ in town. I don’t know what and where that town is-- I really beg to disagree. Honestly, he played the same set the other night. He started again with years, then the track from John Legend and this music from 2009 yeah yeah yeah very cardio-ish. It’s like I’m running on a treadmill. We were not very pleased. Another fact is that he was on over time that there weren’t no more room for other DJs. Such a fame whore! As right after DJ Adonis hyped the crowd up; he again played his last track. My God! My friends just walked out. (You are only as good as your latest set and the taste is sort of old and outdated #sorrynotsorry)
DJ ADONIS
I’m going to feature two of the up and coming DJs of Davao. This is actually their biggest break yet. DJ Adonis (EDM tracks) and DJ Amneesia (Progressive house, Techno and EDM). They were really awesome! From giving the right transitions, to song selections and variation. I love them! The future is coming, they just need great parties to back them up and this is a good start. Too bad they played a lil bit late 3am-4:30am. I guess. So it was really a great ender. Partying till dawn. Love it!
DJ AMNEESIA
One of the biggest problems during SARBAY was the CR - the long line just to reach the comfort rooms. LOL Other than that. IDGAF! I really had FUN!


So to conclude, the party was basically, almost free. The DJs were not bad. Booze was available. The crowd was awesome. It was a place filled with adventure; any kind of adventure you can think of. Why would I rate this? I will just see you next year. Truly SARBAY fest is the biggest festival in MINDANAO. Like--- EVER! KEEP IT UP!


And to those who were not there too bad its SOURbay fest for you. Well there’s always next year.


#YoureWelcome

Oh let me feature this awesome make out pic. Very epic. LOL



Thank you
(c) Sarangani Bay Fest official page
(c) Dondie Gado
for the pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment