Monday, April 7, 2014

#SUMMERFROLIC2014

Everything was worth it - from the travel to the price. I had a very long week and I badly needed a breather. True to their word, the party was the bomb! Although there may have been bits of problems but those were all tolerable.  I went to the Dahican on the second day since I had other engagements. Corporate slave here, people!  I was really pissed when the organizers just gave me 1 stub of beer ticket with the lawfully invalid reason that I only registered during the second day. Now, why is that? I like paid for a thousand bucks 2 months ago and this is the “thanks” that I get. LOL Anyway that’s just beer. Another downer; the price on the second day was 50% off. WTF! Okay, let’s just give it to charity then.




It’s so good to see a lot of familiar faces during Summerfrolic. Davao Partyphiles traveled hundreds of miles just to be at this party. Now that's just super cool!  I was in the area around 4ish and the music was awesome.  I’m not sure who was playing that time, that he did a bang up job. This was supposed to be the time for the color dash, however, people are not yet inside. It would have been better if they made it to a point that everyone participated that time. Unfortunately, everyone was just too busy socializing at the beach. Color dash looks way way better when the sun in still up. But still, kudos to FrolicFox as we love the unlimited stock of color dash.  It was quite handy during the night - perfect way of being dirty; the good kind of dirty. It became a perfect excuse to touch somebody you like and smother the powder all over their body. I mean hypothetically and not saying I did that.

The location - I was expecting that it would be really close to the shoreline but I think there is like a law for that. So it’s all good. Anyway, I was still rolling in the sand mid-party so I can’t really complain.

Drinks were never a problem.  We brought our own stash.  They did not say the drinks are unlimited so we came in really prepared. Unfortunately, you can’t bring drinks inside on the second day.  That is just sad.  Parties recently have strict rules when it comes to that.  I don’t really see the logic behind it. We're not barbaric people that would just throw bottles at each other’s faces. We were resourceful enough for the solution.  We managed to hide the bottle at the back of my friend’s shirt so we were able to sneak it inside; very ninja move.  I don’t care!  The drinks inside were not very pleasing. They have cheap vodka and cheap tequila doubled the price, lessened the satisfaction.

So let’s move on with the show and music.  DJ Torch’s set was awesome because he played all our favorites.  However, since he played early, people were still in the shoreline or eating so only a few got the chance to enjoy it.

I didn't particularly enjoyed BCAL’s set - why?  My eyes were really violated in so many levels when those show girls showed up.  We were thinking, is this an EDM festival or a Wowowee concert. We just had to leave. If you looked at the stage, it had a kind of nipa feel; the similar ambience of a common cheap beer house, I must say.  Then there are these hired girls grinding inappropriately just like ledge dancers from god know where.  It was so wrong!  Some of the boys from GA were drooling although I assume some of those with class didn't like it. (I wish I had pictures of the girls)

Fortunately, Katsy Lee saved the night! Good thing the girls were gone on her set.  So we went back and partied really hard. DJ Katsy Lee, as my friend says, was “AMAZE-BALLS”. She really knows our taste.  To add up with the excitement, our man MC boo was there. This guy really knows how to pump up the crowd; from The Flight until Summerfrolic, he never disappointed us… plus he is also very generous in giving free drinks – whether be booze or water bottle, he just knows how to keep the party vibes up. Thank you MC Boo for the Cuervo, we shared it with everyone! With a perfect combination of music and hype, the crowd really went wild.  Water gun with food coloring, more color dash, foam and water sprinkles; it was perfect.  In the middle of the set, fire dancers impressed us and I think it’s a perfect technique in mellowing down the crowd. Then back to the party again. Other organizers should take this as a challenge.  Some organizers just promised champagne showers on their Ads but FROLICFOX delivered and it was delicious!

Werwolvz were hot and cool at the same time. Hot because they were good looking and girls just shouted when they took their shirts off. Lean not buff! 

Enough aesthetics, do they produce their own music? The bed and transitions were really flawless. The crowd went wild with the epic stage dive and the throwing off of the inflated girl balloon dolls; which I was informed later on that the doll was named Mia.  Could have been the name of the girl who broke one of their hearts or both? Kidding!




Thank you for giving us a great time. Two thumbs up! Frolicfox thank you for the 10 minute fireworks display really made my night.  Talk about perfect timing!





To end the night Ron was a perfect ending just weird but very cute when he played single ladies. We were already drunk and swam along with the waves of Davao gulf during this time. 
I don’t wanna complain about GA jumping over the fence when it seems that the security’s job was just to scowl people bringing bottles inside because everybody had an awesome time. The best effort was the free light sticks for everybody that you don’t need to fight for it to get one.  Also should be mentioned, the free bandana and non-cheap waterproof identity wristband deserves a big clap.

In between the party I got to hang out with really cool people. Here are some pictures that I grabbed from people that I met.


Certainly other organizers should keep up because #Summerfrolic2014 is the best and biggest beach summer party by far. Although this is still inconclusive since there are a lot more parties to go to this summer. 


Let’s give it a 9 out of 10.


Til the next party Migs here.

#Yourewelcome



No comments:

Post a Comment