Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Touch Down: Acropolis SuperClub!

I was actually waiting for this party since last June. When I heard rumors that Jet Boado is actually coming to Davao. Well apparently most of my rumors are true and so he did. Okay, let's not over shadow some of the DJs that was also present at Touch Down.

Since this was a Kadayawan Kick off, I was really expecting a lot. Even if I go to Acropolis often I would want something new. And boy they gave a great show. I came there around 8-ish. I was really expecting the party to start very late since there will be traffic and all that. Gosh! When we entered there were giving away party shades and glow sticks. It's been a while since I saw one of those. Apparently, all the tables were already reserved.

Note to self: Next Acropolis event, I will have a table reservation for my friends.Oh well, it was all just fine since they were very generous to open the upper VIP area for us. Booyah! Thank Ma'am Irene, Sir Alvin and Ma'am Mary Ann.


RAMIA was the opening set. It's actually a proper build up she played techno house and some Top 40 tracks to keep the crowd pumped up. I really appreciate opening sets that doesn't play the main stream EDM tracks to make way for the Prime time acts. She did pretty well.

I really wanted to get wasted that night and it's really a good thing because it was Buy One Take One on Tequila, Jose Curevo bitches! I was like, boy my friends are going to be fucked up.

Then Regiel Orocay came. I love how he mixed up edm, R&B and other music genre even 80s and 90s hits. The seamless transition made me appreciate him more. I love how flexible he is as an artist. Btw, Belated Happy Birthday man! 

And then, our idol came. We can't help ourselves but droll all over him. HAHAHA I know this is not so classy but IDGAF. I can't help it! Migs a self proclaim Jet Boado groupie.


There were a group of people that actually shared their Jose Curevo to everyone. And that was really epic. Plus, when Jet was playing. MC Lemuel shared some ben more to the crowd. Ehem, Drinking from the battle is our expertise.

Jet Boado's set was really cool. He is popularly known with his podcast that featured new EDM and Progressive house music. But this was a different Jet. He was bringing the beat down by the minute. The escalation was awesome and I can't believe that it just lasted for an hour plus.

The only problem in this even was the acoustics. The music wasn't loud enough. Usually it was. We wanted it to be louder so that we can really hear the beat. Ugh! Anyway, it was all good.

Young and seasoned alike every can really party at Acropolis Superclub. For two hundred this was the proper Kadayawan Kick OFF party, worth every cent. I wish it was Kadayawan everyday.

Here are some of the partyphiles that partied with us. 











We wanted to go to Katsy Lee but apparently we felt that it was a bit too late so we head directly to brewery Two. Sadly, it was closed down around 1:30. #Sad So we just had an after party with some close friends.#Yolo

I rate it. 9 out of 10. Thank you Acropolis for giving us an awesome night!
#YoureWelcome

Thank you 
© Gabriel de Cadiz 
for the awesome Photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment