Wednesday, August 20, 2014

KADAYAWAN INVASION!


Oh dear, Ramon Baustista’s derogatory comment is very viral in social media right now. And honestly, IDGAF!  He acts like a douchebag because that’s what he is and dude! He’s getting paid to be a douchebag. Kudos to you man! But for the record there’s a bar here in Davao where you can eat fried shrimp head and it’s delish. HAHAHA  That’s taking the fun out of that metaphor.


Let’s move on with the party, and how I felt about it. We came around 6-ish and it was really easy to have parking that time. I was thinking, gosh! Is this event going to be a flop? As I entered, Gio V. was playing, or was it Gino V? Oh well, no one was dancing yet. The VIP area was empty so we decided to pig out at the fair park. It was good that there were a variety of food there and the concessionaires were like around 10, I guess they were happy. Food was delish and affordable, but man water was expensive! Seriously 40 pesos for a bottle of 300 ML water ugh! Note to self: next time bring liters of water and leave it in the car. It will be very handy.  I’m such a cheap ass, I know.  It’s one way of saying - conserve water, drink liquor!



At the fair, there were games and they were giving away cropped ayosdito shirts but you have to find this toy in a pool full of balls - LOL that came out wrong. You know how competitive I can be, and yes I got one. ;)

There were also mini bags for our phones. Dibs on the freebies, you know how I’m such a sucker for freebies, even if I don’t use it.



Then they announced that JET BOADO was playing. Dude, it was so awesome. You know I’m a Jet fan right? And I’ve always loved his podcast, it was perfect that he was part of the opening sets. So that he can play progressive house music. Yes, it was progressive people! It was a very good build up set. Not playing too much main stream tracks to make way for the featured jocks. Enough technicalities, it was the time when people started to dance. Too bad he just played for 45 minutes. Then I thought, it was good that we saw him last Friday prior to this event.

Wait, I saw one photo when Jet Boado almost smiled.  Mysterious - just the way we like it.

Before I talk about the rest of the jocks, I’m going to tell everyone on how impressive the stage was. The lights were amazing, plus the abstract placement of the LCD was brilliant. Mix it all together, when you’re looking at the stage we’re like looking at God—wait that’s an exaggeration maybe kings of music; whatever! It was very hypnotic! Another epic scenario was when before the beat drops and smoke was coming out. It was truly fascinating. The only thing lacking was fireworks. I’m sure Spectrum has that but you know the city ordinance.  Oh cruel world!

There were drinks at the VIP section. The mixed drinks tasted really awful man. What was that? Anyhow, I really needed to drink so I just suck it all up. Two glasses and I was ready to party. Have you seen the picture of people fainted? “Died because of YOLO” HAHAHA  


I'm not kidding about the taste of the drink. People were actually throwing away the drinks at each other. I hated it when ice was thrown in my face. Next time people bring water gun. I wish it rained really hard because it was just a lil drizzle and it could have been more epic. 


Honestly, it was not really worth it being in the VIP. It was very lonely there.  I didn't really feel the VIP treatment. So I just went down the GA section and party like the rest of the awesome partyphiles. Good thing people actually followed my advice on the DEO thingy. Told you a 6-peso sachet at the convenience store makes a whole lot of difference. LOL It was very funny when I saw a girl wearing a dress with a pair of wedge heels and a guy wearing long sleeves. Like are these people crazy? Then I was really looking forward with the mosh pit that didn't really happen.

Personally I really thought that MC RDS was very noisy. I felt that he didn't really connect with the crowd and he overpowers the MC Paolo's voice when the two of them went on the stage together. #JustSaying

JOM's opening was very unique and uplifting. I'm pretty sure that he made a lot of effort on pulling that off. He was playing Top 40 and EDM with Trap Mixed Choruses. It was fun - I actually lifted two people last Saturday. He was really fun to look at and he looks cute when he smiles. LOL I was beginning to like his set. Unfortunately, it was not sustainable. Even when you look at his face he did not like the last half of his set. He was not raising his hands anymore and he was frowning. What happened? 



I have mixed emotions with Nix Damn P. I didn't really know if I liked him or not. All I know is he was really into the groove. He was obviously high in life and was very happy with his set. He started with some familiar tracks, then with some dutch/Melbourne techno beat. He is the type of Dj that no matter what genre of music he chose, he can work it together. And that was impressive actually. The only thing about it was some tracks were unrelatable like "Super Hollywood treasure" He obviously memorized the song so partly he was pleasing himself or maybe educating us. There was this tremor mix I was waiting for the beat to drop but dude it trap or was it dubstep. UGH! He redeemed himself when he played safe and sound and time to go when you don't like techno. And some familiar alternative tracks. This guy was crazy but hey crazy is also good. He is interesting and I'm going to follow him from this day forward. People were actually dancing on his set and I think that's the most important thing. 


ACE RAMOS, as usual was amazeballs. His set was backed up with the usual mainstream tracks that we always love with a touch of ACE magic. I'm happy, at least he was the only one who played Ping Pong Tremor mix. I lurv it!


It was crazy because I didn't actually notice that people were coming in. Wow amazing 7,000 people partying for the Love of dance music! Here are some partyphiles at the Invasion. 


















People have neon glow paints but no one really brought a water gun and color dash. To make it more dirty. 

If you ask me for 350 bucks it was definitely the most worth it party to go to this year. Let's not talk about the VIP anymore. HAHAHA


And I feel bad for all the people that weren't there. Spectrum PH let's make this a yearly thing! You said that you love us, Davao totally love you guys apparently 7000 times.



I would give it a 9 out of 10.

Migs here and see you at the next party!
#YoureWelcome

And oh! everything wouldn't be possible if it weren't for the brilliant minds of these three. #Awesome



Thank you 
© Gabriel de Cadiz
© Chuck Van Anthony Sumicad
© Lucky Billy
© Hernz Panes
© Ace Ramos
For the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment