Sunday, March 2, 2014

Project Euphoria, Project Success!

Before I start with my Euphoria experience. I would like to commend the organizers Spectrum Events Management Davao and DDC Hospitality Management Department for a job well done. You did a pretty good job in marketing 400 people for an indoor party is not bad! You fill the place up and it’s my first time to see that place packed. But ofcourse, Migs has (can’t believe am referring to myself on a 3rd person point of view) always been known to be brutally honest with everything. So here we go!




I went there around 9pm. I guess it was too early for any action to happen. So we just sat on the table and I was like thinking. Who are these people? I honestly don’t see them at the regular party places. Which is actually a good thing that means that the party scene in Davao is growing, and this also means am aging by the minute. Imagine 1995 babies are like 18 years old right now. Enough side comments, let’s cut crap and talk about the party. DJ Patrick Buttgereit was playing post techno beat thingy we describe it as street disco throwback music and it’s not even Thursday. Party old school style but this was too much. Call me bariotic and provincial but I just didn't get it and I think most people agree with me, don’t be stupid partyphiles no like dancing to that beat. We including me were just sitting and waiting for something to happen. Like it’s already 10pm and in Davao time it’s not early. My friend who usually didn't give a f*ck what the music was was surprisingly bored and the DJ was still playing quite insensitive actually or maybe he just came in too prepared and can’t whip up something random in a spur of the moment. Well, probably that’s his style.

Evidence that no one was dancing during this set.

Then there was this Emcee who keeps on repeating “put your hands up in the air” like it’s his only vocabulary? Seriously? So we didn’t wanna stay inside. We smoking outside and saying crap about the music and preparing to leave then suddenly a light from the sky opened (metaphor to something miraculous happening) and Clyde Harris played Silhouettes by Avicii my theme song for the month followed by Levels. We threw our cigs and partied like crazy inside and forgot all about the crap it’s like EUPHORIA slowly redeemed itself. It was very timely that familiar faces were already coming in at least we already knew some people. As I describe the place from my previous Velvet experience it was really classy and it’s really awesome to see people party inside ofcourse unlike outside parties you can’t carry girls over your shoulders but that doesn't mean that we can’t be as wild. I can feel sweet innocence on most of their eyes. Like the fascination I had on my first party way back 2005, when I saw the trends many said it was their first time and that is just so awesome. Well among all the partyphiles two pairs caught our attention MOMOLing. The sad thing about it is we were lack jawed since they did a really good job. Make us felt kinda bitter. -.-
look if you see it spotted. I'm not a lying here people.



Drinks were arranged so that was not a problem so some of the partyphiles drank from the bottle. It’s never a party if no one gives out free mouth shots. Then there were random balloons flying, I didn't know where that came from but I was guess it added to the fun. We were sweating like crazy so much for dressing up. LOL I can even squeeze my shirt and water would come out. TMI I know. I just can’t believe the air condition is not spreading out; maybe it was too much artificial fog. I get it you want effects but you don’t was to suffocate us. Enough aesthetics talk, we didn't care because Clyde had an awesome set. Not to mention DJ/MC Wacky saved the day a better fit in pumping the crowd. There was synergy going on and it’s really great seeing two organizers come together to make us have a good time. So far, its best indoor party for the year.



Manic Nightnings Team #synergy #energy © Kat Dalisay
© Jared Norman Spectrum Team

If you ask me if I still wanna go to another Spectrum event; DEFINITELY! And if your teacher asks was this event successful… “Yes, Ma’am/ Sir it was epic and this is our legacy”. And If I was your teacher guys, I definately give you an A++.

But I am not your teacher so for now I'll give it 8 out of 10 stars. 2 stars are for improvement I hate being teased like that.


#yourewelcome

thank you for the pictures© Jared Norman © Kat Dalisay© Shajod D. Zaid

No comments:

Post a Comment