Monday, May 5, 2014

Saturday Night at MANIC RUNWAY

I had my fair share of “partespacaped” (PARTY-Escapade) this week but I won’t talk about that. That’s becoming too personal and I've shared enough. Twas a long evening that ended the next morning. I had some people flew in from Manila including my dearest cousin, an old friend, a random stranger and then my Davao friends were gathered in one room - it was definitely a blast. If you’re a regular partyphile, you would definitely agree with me to have a before and after party. The before part is when you gather the troops; this is very helpful especially if people you invited don’t know each other. This way we can introduce each other and socialize. So to start the evening, we had a bottle of tequila at The Brewery which lasted less than 30 mins. 

Ugh. I have alcoholic friends, I know.



We transferred immediately to Club Velvet since MANIC RUNWAY was happening. This of course was thrown by Manic Nightnings productions.  Well true to their word, we were surrounded by beautiful people - and if I say beautiful I really mean that. But of course there are occasional not so pleasing to the eye people you can’t get rid of them. LOL It’s been a while since I went back to Club Velvet and what I can say is that they really improved their air-conditioning. I love it! So there was no problem if the place was jam-packed as it was. The only problem though is that sometimes it’s just too much that causes the foggy effect on photos, not so good for taking pictures. Well, unless you have a very nice camera but I didn't bring one so we have to make do. I really had no problem with the two kids’ set early that night but the crowd was just sitting around. I’m not really sure if it’s the music because I liked their set, it was okay. Nothing that I haven’t heard before. Me and my friends danced through it. Maybe it was just too early. Then came the trance set, ugh. We never really liked trance so as usual we stopped dancing and went out to smoke. Club Velvet has a smoking area and that’s awesome. But then my friend’s (shoe) heel got stuck on the floor that had holes in it. The shoes were really clumsy but no worries, she needed a new pair anyway.

It was an all crowd stand when DJ Brylle played Summer. Not to sound bitter and all, the song made me think about a lot of people I know who went to Laboracay, but nonetheless it was a feel good song. He played some of my favorites like Selfie by the Chainsmokers and Now or Never (Very emotional for Brylle’s taste) but hey that’s a trait of an awesome jock, he wants to give us what we want. He really knows how to please us. Sadly, we left in the middle of the set and went to party elsewhere because my guest insisted that we have to leave to do more monkey business. I’d wish we didn't but we had to compromise for friends.

We ended up elsewhere and went home dead drunk. (That's the after party)

I wish we had that kind of party every Saturday. Gives us a lot of options. I give it 8 out of 10.


Oh and one last thing. Happy birthday to some of their staff. So where's the free drinks? It's their celebration right? #Justsaying


#YoureWelcome

No comments:

Post a Comment