Monday, May 12, 2014

Sluts of Summer, Not very slutty.

I don’t wanna bitch out but that was the worst party that Mustard Seed Events PH has ever thrown.  Like ever! The gig was #SlutsOfSummer and I didn’t feel slutty enough. It was probably because of the “Club-ish” Music or the fact that girls weren’t in their game that night, or probably the fact that it was a sausage party. Now the latter, I can’t complain. What’s with the people on stage? Like all the awesome people were on stage, it’s too elitist. Not that I’m an outcast from that social group but usually if you go to a MSE party, everybody raves together equally – no VIP bracketing. And what’s left for us below the stage are people that I’m sure didn’t even paid to be there.  It was terrifying! Hey, I may sound bitter because I was not on stage but no, it was just too wrong of me to go up there when the party was supposed to be below that DJ booth.  Aside from that, the party ended so soon, as early as before 2am. So, why did you even set the venue in Samal if we can’t party all night long? Oh my gosh, I’m ranting!
There is a logical, oh wait, chronological way of stating my facts. There were really a lot of expectations from us. Knowing what sluts are, they are very sophisticated, complex individuals, unpredictable in a good or bad way plus they do it just for the heck of it. All I can say is, there was nothing slutty about it. Going to a party wearing a bikini doesn’t mean you’re slutty - it just means you’re a girl or a she-male. LOL As were there upon entering the resort, we came across a huge number of people thinking that, it was the party. To our mistake the event area was like 500 meters away from the parking area.  Like hoomaygad we had to flaunt ourselves with all those common people and felt awkward. We were actually late.  We got there by 9pm but no one was really there. Major downer, good thing that there were free drinks at the entrance to welcome us, GPS on jelly cups. LOL But It was sort of unlimited, the boys keeps on saying that we should get more. No one was still playing. It was just an auto mix from the virtual DJ PRO. So we had no reason to rave, we just took pictures, bought some souvenirs and pretended that we were having fun.


So we just basically sat there for 30 minunes to wait for a DJ to spin. We are drinking and shit. No problem with drinks, everything was cheap and available. (Duh? Sunset!) Good thing JACK RIPPER was playing. Great mood setter! 
The place was slowly filling up with hot people. Friends of the organizers am sure. Then we were shocked when these “Chararat” people as my friend call them, were wearing their bikinis and dancing budots over EDM. Not cool, that’s actually the case and point of what I said a while ago; “Going to a party wearing a bikini doesn’t mean you’re slutty it just means you’re a girl or a she-male”. 


At the end we just enjoyed their company and played with them in the dance floor. Two friends had alcohol powered water guns. It was so awesome! Now to the music the 1st set was not that bad, nothing that I haven’t heard before. Then they transitioned to EDM, then Tramp, then RnB and more RnB. Are they forgetting that this is the beach and supposedly a rave party? I love old school but this was not the place for it.


Then the line-up. Where is NINA? Why is Cherry Summer there? So STARR-ish. LOL The only fun part about the party was the liquor shower. Who needs champagne showers when you have unlimited Gilbey’s premium shower!
 And you know how Davao people get so fascinated with fireworks. There were 6 blows. Amazeballs!


MC Marga was cool. I like her deep voice and when she says for the nth time “Let’s get started.” How many times again? She was pretty cool! I wanna see her on other parties in DAVAO Hyping male jocks. 



The night was filled with picture taking. I don’t know what else to say. 







But hey, MSE I know you failed Davao Partyphiles this time but we will never fail to support you.  Let’s keep on RAVING!


I guess I would just give it 6 out of 10. 




#Yourewelcome

Thank you (c) Earl John Dayanghirang for the awesome photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment